As we celebrate this most important holiday, remember those who have fought and died for our freedoms, have fun and stay safe, especially when using fireworks.
As a reminder, here are a few safety tips from the Red Cross.
- Never give fireworks to small children.
- Always follow the instructions on the packaging.
- Keep a supply of water close by as a precaution.
- If you’re lighting the fireworks – wears eye protection.
- Light only one firework at a time.
- Never attempt to relight “a dud.”
- Store fireworks in a cool, dry place away from children and pets.
- Never throw or point a firework toward people, animals, vehicles, structures or flammable materials.
- Protect your pets – the best place for your pet is indoors away from the noise of fireworks.
Have a safe and joyous 4th!