It’s the beginning of summer. Most of us are busy getting ready for that much-anticipated vacation, or holiday barbecue. But, if you’re like me you have a stack of file of short stories or even essays that have been sitting there gathering dust. Well, here’s your chance to shake the clean it up and send it out into the world for others to read.
Here are a few new places you might want to consider:
From the Author Publish, 16 Literary Journals which accept ‘blind’ submissions.
- Ars Medica – an online journal of arts, medicine, and the humanities; prose and poems that related to medical issues.
- Spry – an online literary journal; poetry and prose.
- Perch – a non-academic literary journal; poetry, prose, visual art, and music related to mental health.
- Jaggery – focus on connecting South Asian diasporic writers, homeland writers, non-South Asians with a South Asia connection.
- Burningword Literary Journal – poetry, flash fiction, and flash nonfiction; double-blind reading process.
- POUi – new and exciting writing; particularly international.
- The Matador Review – an online journal; looking for ‘alternative work; fiction, non fiction, flash fiction, visual art, and poetry.
- Chantwood Magazine- Online journal; sci-fi, fantasy, speculative fiction, romance, literary fiction, historical fiction, and poetry.
- Into The Void – a UK based literary journal; experimental literary work of poetry and prose.
- Toyon- a multilingual journal of literature; publish work in English and Spanish; accepts reprints.
- Radar – an online poetry journal.
- Sweet Tree Review – poetry and prose.
- The Fieldstone Review – poetry, fiction, creative non-fiction, and reviews.
- Border Crossing – writing that crosses boundaries in genre or geography.
- Stonecoast Review – poetry, fiction, creative non-fiction, dramatic works, and visual arts.
- tssf Journal – poetry, fiction, creative non-fiction related to issues of Africa.
For more imformation, click on the links of each journal and good luck!
I’d love to hear your comments. Talk to me. Tell me your story. I’m all ears and look for me on Facebook at SheilaMGood, Pinterest, Bloglovin, Twitter@sheilamgood, Contently, and Instagram. You can follow my reviews on Amazon and Goodreads.