After years of writing and hiding my words by a stream in a cow pasture, I have found my voice, and I know what I believe.
I am a conservative, southern woman, a mother, grandmother, and a retired nurse, having served in the nursing profession from 1972 until 1995. Reading, writing, family, and friends are my passion, not necessarily in that order.
- I believe in God, that He is in control, even when I’m not.
- I believe knowledge is power and investing in the future of our country is not only my duty but also an honor. I believe in standing.
- I believe in honoring every man and woman who rises each day to protect family, my country, and me. They are far braver than I.
- I believe our history, the good, bad, and the ugly, is worth remembering.
“I did then what I knew how to do. Now that I know better, I do better.” ― Maya Angelou – Tweet This
- I believe family is the foundation in which our country will either succeed or fail and being a mother is my greatest accomplishment and responsibility.
- I believe we all must be kinder than necessary to others. Everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
- I believe satisfying a short-term goal, on an impulse, at the expense of a long-term goal; will cost you something, which matters much more in the end.
- I believe we would be better off if we returned to practicing the values of honor, respect, integrity, hard work, gratitude, and appreciation.
- I believe in friendships that last a lifetime and laughter the best medicine.
- I believe books open more hearts minds and the doors to a world of imagination better than any device we possess.
- I believe learning to lose graciously is more valuable than a trophy.I believe it is not our mistakes or failures that define us, but what we do with them.
“When you come to the edge of all the light you know, And are about to step off into the darkness, Faith is believing one of two things will happen, There will be something solid to stand on, or you will learn to fly.” Patrick Overton – Tweet This
What do you believe?
I’d love to hear your thoughts on the subject. Join the conversation. Talk to me or tell me your story. I’m all ears.