I know, I know. Tooting one’s own horn is not fun, at least for this gal. However, word of mouth has proven to be the best marketing tool out there. Don’t believe me? Here are few surprising stats from the Ambassador Marketing Website.
According to research by Nielsen:
- 92 % of people trust recommendations from friends and family more than all other forms of marketing.
- 43 % of consumers are more likely to buy a product if they learn about it from family or friend.
- 83% purchase decisions made by consumers are influenced by their friend’s social media posts.
- 77% are more likely to buy a product when recommended by a family or friend.
- 79% of the people who ‘Liked’ a brand on social media, did it to receive a discount.
- 49% say their family and friends are their top sources for the best brands.
There you have it and so without further ado: Pass it On!
I’d love to hear your thoughts on the subject. Join the conversation. Talk to me or tell me your story. I’m all ears.