If you’re like me seeing the terms SEO, METADATA, or ANALYTICS, makes me dizzy. It feels as if I’m trying to decipher a foreign language without a clue how to begin. Thankfully, WordPress offers plenty of resources to help.
So, if SEO confuses you as it does me, check out this article on the basics of SEO.
via SEO Basics: To Grow Your Site’s Traffic, Make It More Visible
I’d love to hear your comments. Talk to me. Tell me your story. I’m all ears and look for me on Facebook at SheilaMGood, Pinterest, Bloglovin, Twitter@sheilamgood, Contently, and Instagram. You can follow my reviews on Amazon and Goodreads.
Day 25: #AtoZChallenge
WordPress does a phenomenal job keeping up with our blog stats. At the end of the year, they send you an annual report: Your Year in Review.
The report includes:
- Posting Patterns – including your longest blogging streak and your Best Day.
- Posts that received the most views.
- Top Referring sites.
- The total number and name of the countries visiting.
- The post receiving the most comments and who commented.
To improve your outreach, it’s important to review your stats on a regular basis.
Things you can discover to improve your blog’s performance:
- Who’s following and how long.
- Where referrals are generated.
- The most active keywords.
- Who’s leaving comments?
- The number of clicks.
- The number of visitors.
- The most popular day and time to post.
- The most popular posts and pages.
- The post receiving the most comments.
- Total Shares.
Want to see what the report looks like? Click here to see the Cow Pasture 2015 annual report.
So, what about you? Do you review your stats page? Do you use the information to improve your outreach? I’d love to hear your comments. Talk to me. Tell me your story and look for me on Facebook at SheilaMGood, Pinterest, Bloglovin, Twitter@sheilamgood, and Contently.